- Work in our on-farm poultry processing plant - processing an average of 450-600 broiler chickens per week and seasonally turkeys.
- Proper assembly and disassembly of grinding and stuffing equipment
- Maintaining a sharp knife and excellent knife skills
- Grinding various meats and sausages. Accurately measure spice blends for sausage
- Practice accurate food safety techniques set forth in our HACCP plan
- Disassembling and washing all equipment and hand tools. Washing all tables, cutting boards, and floors. Scrubbing down floors and walls.
- Communicate quality issues to supervisor
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including weights and measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Good communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency
Experience & Requirements
- Experience working in food production (cooking, butcher, food manufacturing) a plus
- Must be able to lift 50+ pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Work week schedule - Wednesday-Saturday
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: < 32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to handle knives and other cutting equipment
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, pluckers, scalders, and meat grinders.
$15-18 per hour based on experience - 35- 40 hours per week; Health insurance is not provided. Staff receive generous food allowances; discounts, professional development/training funding.